Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 22:00:52 -0500
From:      NOC-IPAD <sysadmin@greeves.mfn.org>
To:        NOC-IPAD <sysadmin@greeves.mfn.org>, "'Archie Cobbs'" <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Specifying ICMP Subtypes to IPFW

Hrmmm...  OK.  I may do that.  I am surprised however, since
IPFW *does* support subtypes in it's reporting: i.e., we routinely
log packets such as "3.1" or "3.3".  I am assuming of course that
IPFW's use of the tag "3.1" is a reference to icmptype3, subtype 1;
am I incorrect?

Yours,
J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org