Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 02:57:27 -0500
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Softupdates crash...

It was the "locking against myself" panic.  Unfortunately, I didn't get
a dump even though I have a 'debug' kernel waiting for such to happen.

The situation was several rounds of:
rm -rf /mnt/obj/*
cd /mnt/src
make -j16 buildworld

It panic'ed during the 7th. (It had some cabling problems recently resolved,
and I was just verifying)...  I'll turn my '10 buildworlds' script loose on
that partition again in an attempt to make it happen again.

--
Zach Heilig -- zach@gaffaneys.com
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no