Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:57:46 +1000
From:      "Haikal Saadh" <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        "Ben Smithurst" <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wow, it has been a while

*snip*

> I came across FreeBSD by chance really. IIRC I was downloading some
> big Quake-related thing (god knows what), and found a directory called
> "/packages/FreeBSD" on the ftp server while I was poking around waiting
> for the download to finish. I read a few README files, downloaded the
> bin.* files (which took a while over a 28.8k modem), and, well, that was
> that. I guess that's the only useful thing to come of me playing Quake.
> :-)

Heh...what interested my in FreeBSD was that userfriendly strip with the
daemon in it.
I had tried to install read hat earlier, but It Just Plain Refused to.

The world is weird in it's ways...I'm downloading the ISO image for 4.0
right now..It
s taking me all week over my 56k, but who's counting?
heh.

> --
> Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D
*snip*