Date:      Sat, 4 May 2002 16:19:10 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   using cvsup to put the same collection in two places

The objective:

I want the same collection in two different places, but I want to use two
different refuse files.  Some parts of the collection I don't want in one
location.

The background:

I'm playing with phpAdsNew.  I've just imported it into my cvs tree for my
website.  I use https to administer the site. As such, I'd prefer not to
have the phpAdsNew/admin/ directory in the public section of the website.

I'd like to be able to cvsup phpAdsNew to my website into two different
locations (this I can do already) and have a refuse file for one and not
for the other (this is where I'm failing).

What I've tried:

At present I have these two supfiles:

This puts the collection in the https section of the website: less
~/phpAdsAdmin-supfile *default host=localhost *default
base=/home/freebsddiary/admin *default release=cvs tag=. *default delete
use-rel-suffix *default umask=007 *default preserve fbsd-phpAds

This puts the collection in the http section of the website: $ less
~/phpAds-supfile *default host=localhost *default base=/home/freebsddiary
*default release=cvs tag=. *default delete use-rel-suffix *default
umask=007 *default preserve fbsd-phpAds

Normally a refuse file would go into  /home/freebsddiary/sup/<col> where
col is the name of the collection (in this case it's fbsd-phpAds).  With
the above setup I can have only one refuse file.  I need two.  So I tried
creating a second collection (fbsd-phpAdsAdmin) which merely pointed at
the original collection.  Sadly, this didn't create a
/home/freebsddiary/sup/phpAdsAdmin as I hoped.

Any clues?  Thanks.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples