Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:51:52 -0700
From:      Manfred Antar <mantar@pacbell.net>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com, Keith Walker <kew@timesink.spk.wa.us>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Progs linked against libstdc++ dead...

At 03:39 PM 4/28/99 -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
>> Aagh! As of last-night's current (Tuesday), *NO* C++ program that
>> links against libstdc++ works now. All of them come up with this
>> error, and recompilation doesn't help :-(
>
>You have done a *FULL* CVSup and `make world'?  You have then recopiled
>any C++ libs from ports or private sources?
This same thing happened here
libstdc++ from Monday was fine
There were some header files changed in the contrib/egcs directory
I don't remember which something-freebsd.h
and I think this might have caused it.
Even when trying to compile a new program

Example:

(xtide-2.1.2)503}make
rm -f xtide
g++ -o xtide -O2     -L/usr/X11R6/lib xtide.o xxerrors.o xxContext.o
xxTitleScre
en.o xxGlobe.o  xxLocationList.o xxXTideRoot.o xxTideContext.o
xxDisclaimer.o  x
xTextMode.o xxDrawable.o xxErrorBox.o xxHelpBox.o
xxFilename.o  xxMarkLevel.o xx
ApplicationDefaults.o xxGraphMode.o xxPixmapGraph.o  xxAspect.o xxClock.o
xxWind
ow.o xxTimestamp.o xxMultiChoice.o  xxHorizDialog.o xxUnsignedChooser.o
Dstr.o H
armonicsPath.o PredictionValue.o  Amplitude.o Angle.o Speed.o Timestamp.o
Interv
al.o Year.o  Constituent.o TabulatedConstituent.o Coordinates.o HarmonicsFile.o
 StationRef.o StationIndex.o ConstantSet.o TideContext.o  Offsets.o
ConstituentS
et.o ConstantSetWrapper.o  Station.o xml_l.o xml_y.o xmlstruct.o
ReferenceStatio
n.o  SubordinateStation.o skycal.o Colors.o Graph.o  RGBGraph.o
UserDefaults.o C
onfigDefaults.o Settings.o  CommandLineSettings.o TTYGraph.o Calendar.o
Banner.o
 NullableAngle.o -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lXpm    -lxpg4 -lpng
-lz -lm -Wl,-rpath,/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `filebuf virtual table'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `stdiobuf virtual table'
*** Error code 1

I just did a cvsup and noticed that there was another change to the
contrib/egcs tree
I'm starting a make world now.
Meanwhile I have a backup of the libstdc++ files.
Manfred