Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 08:32:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fstab mount options

One way around that (with XDM) is to chown /console/* to the user when
chowning the device and remove execute perms on /console so that the
devices would be /console/cdrom, /console/floppy, etc. :)

Then you can get, say, amd to do the tricks of mounting it.

j.

--
Close your eyes.  Now forget what you see.  What do you feel? --
My heart. --  Come here. --  Your heart. --  See?  We're exactly the same.

	Jon Smith -- Senior Math Major @ Purdue