Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:00:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
To:        jesper@FreeBSD.ORG, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Check tcp sequence number for all ICMP messages

In article <local.mail.freebsd-net/20010225220740.A76033@skriver.dk> you write:
>We recently introduced a check for tcp sequence numbers when processing
>ICMP messages, it has so far only been used for the ICMP messages that
>trigger the session to be dropped, but it makes sense to have this check
>for all ICMP messages which only act on a single session.

I was just looking at this today (as well as the hash lookup you mentioned
in your other message).

The big problem with both is that the TCP sequence check should not
be in in_pcb.c; it should be in the tcp/udp specific files.

Also, I'm not sure whether all ICMP replies (source quench, mtu) have
sequence numbers within the tcp window.
--
Jonathan