Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:15:51 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
Cc:        ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: build subversion with apache2

Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 12:39:33AM +0100, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>
>>When I rewrite the Makefile that way, that the system admin is able to
>>choose (using 'WITH_APACHE2'-flag as www/mod_php4 does), would that be
>>ok to you and would you check and (let) commit it?
>

> I would prefer that things remain the way they are.
> The apache port uses its own version of apr, and does not
> use the apr port, so things should work
> fine the way things are.
>
> I am waiting for the Apache developers to release apr-0.9.2,
> so that I can upgrade the apr port.

The problem I have is, that I have installed apache2 on my web-test
machines. And one of them is the server which contains the repositories.

I don't want to use the apache2 apr as the default for subversion, but
as a choosible way. Do you have any expierences with subversion and
apache2 which makes you being careful about combining apache2 and
subversion?

I will test it on several configurations here (4-STABLE, 5-CURRENT) and
maybe I can find some other users which want to test it before it get's
committed? Or do you say: "No way!"

So long,
Jens