Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 20:04:24 -0800
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still no luck with Linux Framemaker under FreeBSD

I recently acquired an old laptop and installed 4.0-CURRENT on it
along with Framemaker and the latest Linux 6.1 port.  To make a long
story short, it still doesn't work for me.

It exhibits the same problem as it does under 3.4-STABLE, namely the
process "fm_flb" crashes on a sig-11 causing maker5X.exe to think that
there is no license.  Then maker crashes with a sig 6 if I try to get it
to run in demo-mode.  fm_flb leaves an RPC port 300214 open when it
crashes that I then have to delete using rpcinfo.

I know some folks have managed to get it running, so there must be some
screwy environment problem that's consistent across 3.4 and 4.0.  I've
played with the environment but haven't had any luck.  Has anyone seen
this problem and solved it?  Workarounds using telnet etc haven't
worked for me.

Thanks in advance!

	-- Parag Patel