Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:55:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (noperiph:ahc0:0:-1:-1) & forwarded message ...

Sorry 'bout the subject on my message - I sometimes forget to fix that
in this mailer :-(.

> It does indeed sound like the termination settings have changed
> in the latest code drop although they shouldn't have for your
> card type.  Can you boot your system with -v and note the message
> the driver displays regarding termination on your card?

Sure. This was done using the new ahc drivers.  Given that most of the
ahc boot message is about termination, here's all of it:

ahc0: <Adaptec aic7890/91 Ultra2 SCSI adapter> port 0xe800-0xe8ff mem 0xffaff000-0xffafffff irq 11 at device 14.0 on pci0
ahc0: Reading SEEPROM...done.
ahc0: Manual LVD Termination
ahc0: BIOS eeprom is present
ahc0: Secondary High byte termination Enabled
ahc0: Secondary Low byte termination Enabled
ahc0: Primary Low Byte termination Enabled
ahc0: Primary High Byte termination Enabled
ahc0: aic7890/91 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/255 SCBs
ahc0: Downloading Sequencer Program... 430 instructions downloaded

	Thanx,
	<mike