Date:      Sat, 3 Nov 2001 11:00:02 +0800
From:      "³¯¼y¯q" <ching.yih@yahoo.com.tw>
To:        <doc@FreeBSD.org>

Hi ,

I folow the message below to start xdm.
But there is a problem here.

in rc.local file
/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm
sleep 30

I can start xdm,  but after 30 secs. the xdm can't receive the input of
keyboard.
mouse is working.
How to solve this problem ?

*******************************
9.2. I tried to run X, but I get an ``KDENABIO failed (Operation not
permitted)'' error when I type startx. What do I do now?

Your system is running at a raised securelevel, is not it? It is, indeed,
impossible to start X at a raised securelevel. To see why, look at the
init(8) man page.

So the question is what else you should do instead, and you basically have
two choices: set your securelevel back down to zero (usually from
/etc/rc.conf), or run xdm(1) at boot time (before the securelevel is
raised).

See Q: 9.8. for more information about running xdm(1) at boot time.