Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 13:46:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@goldsword.com>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jfarmer@goldsword.com
Subject:   Wide SCSI adaptors...

Looking at getting a Wide SCSI PCI card for a new server here.
Motherboard is a Tyan dual processor "Tomcat III."  So far I've
found 2 possibliities, the ASUS SC275, and the Tekram
390F item.  The tekram appears to decent & I get grab one for $30
to $60 less than the ASUS.

I know the ASUS card works well in FreeBSD, but if the Tekram is as
good & supported (It does appear to be a plain 875 board with onboard
flashable BIOS), well saving $30 to $60 _always_ appeals to the Scots
blood in me (:^>, being part Scots, I guess I can say such things..)

So, ASUS or Tekram?  Opinions, experiences, advice wanted.  Guarantied
that I will listen, & do something!

Thanks
John

ps.	In case it matters, the adpator (& the Tyan dual Tomcat) are
	going into a web server.  While plain scsi would prob. be fast
	enough, I have some wide Seagate 2.1gb Hawks just setting here.
	(couldn't get them sold fast enough before prices tumbled...
	 Did get the Adaptec 3940W card sold tho...)