Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 20:59:18 +0400
From:      Casper <casper@acc.am>
To:        tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: YP-like mySQL thing

What about having separate dynamic loadable modules with standard API for doing
authorization/access control , simulate getpw*() functions & etc .... Modules
list to read into may be hard-coded into libc or it may be read during system
boot .... IMHO, in this case you need to have separate functions that using only
master.passwd to read configuration.

About setting up quotas : We need to change all file/directories access
functions to make quotas work ... another way is to create separate file system
that will use database (SQL server & etc.) instead quota.user ...
In both cases we getting high SQL load (also high network load if SQL server not
placed on local machine), because each file I/O operation will cause SQL
request.