Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:03:39 -0500
From:      Jan Opacki <opacki@acn.waw.pl>(by way of "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@redprince.net>)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd assembly programming - IN/OUT commands.

Hi Adam,
AT the beggining i want to sorry about my poor english.
I had a short look at your fbd assembly tutorial. I'm have a such
problem useing IN, OUT commands. In my case i want to "speak" with cmos
by port 70 and 71. We both know that fbsd as same as linux works in safe
mode. So we need a permission to use each port. In linux it's a system
call sys_ioperm (http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man2/ioperm.2.html).
How to ask FreeBSD to allow us to use those ports ? And then we could
simply do:
         mov al, 0
         out 70h, al
         nop