Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 00:16:50 +1000
From:      James Lever <james@karanthia.humbug.org.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        james@karanthia.humbug.org.au
Subject:   kerberos and passwd aging

Hi guys,

I have a couple of small problems, first is using kerberos.  I have a server
up and running - no problem - but I have come across this one problem, the
server decided to stop servicing all requests other than passwd verification
(ie. login using kerberos).  It would come up with an error:

processing request: Kerberos error: delta_t too big

?? anyone have a clue what the problem is?

The second problem I have (probably easier to assist me with) is that I'd
like to setup password aging where the users have to change their passwords
every 2 months or something like that.  The passwd(5) man page says field
6 is the time in seconds from the epoch (I assume 1/1/1970).  How
can I get it to force a regular change (ie. 2 months from the last change
maximum).  Is there a simple way or do I have to use another method??

btw: please Cc: any replies to me as I am not currently on the list.

James