Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:33:32 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Atmasamarpan <atmasamarpan@vasudevaserver.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, sergei@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cfengine-2.2.1

On 7/5/07, Atmasamarpan <atmasamarpan@vasudevaserver.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Everything is fine after I removed db4-4.0.14_1,1. The port requires
> db44, but during configure it finds db4 and compilation fails. See bellow.

I had a look at the ports Makefile, and found a couple of problems:.

USE_BDB?= 44

It should just be "=" instead of "?=" as the user overrides the default when using WITH_BDB_VER.  Since the port can only use BDB 4.4+, it should be specified as 44+.

Another problem, is that setting BERKELEY_DB_{CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, LIB} in the CONFIGURE_ENV has no effect, as the cfengine configure script is overriding these settings when it tries to detect the version of Berkeley DB that is installed.

checking for BerkeleyDB location in default... Found header in /usr/local/include/db4
checking for library containing db_create... -ldb4
/usr/local
BERKELEY_DB_LIB=-ldb4
BERKELEY_DB_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/db4
BERKELEY_DB_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
checking Berkeley DB Version... 4.0.14 OK
checking Berkeley DB API... 4.0.14 checking for db_create in -ldb... no

Note: I added a couple of echo statements before the version check.

I have submitted a PR 114333 with a fix for these problems.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.