Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 17:47:39 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        "Keith Spencer" <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: another sio0 error ??? Wazzat?

I get them too ..... from a geriatric Packard Bell P100 box that I'm
using as a dialup modem gateway box. I've never bothered too much
though, I never cease to wonder how the system still runs after
however
many years. . According to most sources these disasters weren't built
to last past the warranty :) I did believe the error message was
related to
poor quality UARTS, however it persists here even after disabling the
standard serial port (yes folks, only one installed & 16450 even !!!)
&
installing a dual 16550 one, so I'm fresh out of ideas now. Its hardly
major worry though as the box is due to be retired from active duty
shortly & will live out its remaining years as a "stuffing around with
Win9x applications" machine