Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:24:33 +0000
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
To:        Paul Richards <paul@freebsd-services.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current issues

> I'm trying to thrash 5.0 a bit but I've run into some rather more
> basic issues right off.
>
> 1) I think I'm suffering from the 1GB memory hang problem. I'm
> definitely getting the hangs :-) I'll leave this for now since I'll
> do some more testing tonight and it's already been raised by someone
> else anyway, so this is just a "me too".

I had a nasty console hang (all the VTYs hung about 2 minutes after
boot, but the box was otherwise stable enough to make world). I make
damn sure I was clean and did a "proper" make everything (no NOCLEAN) and
all was well.

> whereas IPFW2 doesn't understand that format and requires
>
> add 1 ......
>
> 3) The compiler won't build some C++ packages, evolution being the
> particular one bothering me at the moment. Is this a known issues
> that the 5.0 compiler won't build all packages?

Make sure your headers are clean and legal. Old headers break all
sorts of stuff. Particularly with G++.

Mark Murray
Beware! I'm umop ap!sdn