Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:04:55 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Markus D." <un1du2el@gmx.net>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how dangerous would it be to switch to 5.1-current?

> Markus Dolze writes:
> > I have just tried to upgrade to 5.1-RELEASE (no patches yet).
> >
> > I use rbch to connect via user-land ppp (tun0). If I try to make a
> > connection, I get the error:
> >
> > Nov 19 00:16:23 <kern.crit> arwen kernel: i4b-L3 T303_timeout: SETUP not
> > answered, cr = 73
> > Nov 19 00:16:23 <kern.crit> arwen kernel: i4b-L3 next_l3state: FSM
> > illegal state, state = ST_U0 - Null, event = EV_T303EXP - T303 timeout!
> >
> > And the call is disconnected. PPP then tries to redial and the
> > connection is established.
> >
> > Attached are hints (from device.hints), kernel and isdnd.rc config
> > files. I use an old non-pnp AVM Fritz card (isic-driver).
> >
> > Any help?
> >

> Does this happen _every_ time?
>
> Are you using rbch and ppp for channel bonding? If not I'd suggest
> using an isp interface. That's the way I do it.
>
> ---
> Gary Jennejohn / garyj[at]jennejohn.org gj[at]freebsd.org gj[at]denx.de

As far as I can tell, yes!

I've used isppp until a few days and switched to rbch and ppp because ppp
can filter which packets keep the connection alive. With this NetBIOS and p2p
crap the idle timer of isdnd does not run out. And the connection is not
closed. With ppp I can filter these packets.

Markus