Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:14:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Heavily loaded amd gets stuck

> 	Also, should I be considering a move to -current for this box? Is
> -current stable enough right now to run a fairly heavily loaded web
> server? If the NFS in -current is going to be doing better than what's in
> -stable it will be worth a little headache to change, since our structure
> depends on it heavily.

	Well I went ahead and tried -current, and got better results, but
the same crash. With the following map:

/defaults      type:=nfs;opts:=rw,nosuid,vers=3,intr,proto=udp,noconn
*               rhost:=IP${key};rfs:=/Space/${key}

It went MUCH farther through the script (mounted about 60 out of 80
directories) but it crashed just the same. Kernel stack trace looked like
this:

stuff
Xresume1()
--- interrupt
bcmp()
mountnfs()
nfs_mount()
mount()
syscall()
Xint0x80syscall()

	Now interestingly, the last 5 functions have been identical on
every test. However, on this test the function nfs_nget(), which usually
came right before mountnfs() on all the other tests was not present.
However when I switched to vers=2 in the map, I got this:

--- interrupt
ssetlock()
vop_sharedlock()
vn_lock()
vrele()
nfs_nget()
 last 5 same as above.

	Also, the vn functions in this trace are the same as the ones I
was getting with 3.2. I'm fixin' to try matt dillon's latest NFS patch
next. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter
what it does.
                -- Will Rogers