Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:17:19 +1100
From:      nathana@netspace.net.au
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   tk.h:70:20: tcl.h: No such file or directory

Search terms:
tk.h:70:20: tcl.h: No such file or directory
cannot install tk84
error install tk84

Hi. As a newbie I was stumped trying to install tk84 on FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE.

I make this post to help others who may come across a similar/same problem.

When tcl8.4 installs it places two directories 'generic' and 'unix'
under: /usr/local/include/tcl8.4

Copy the contents of each directory into their counterparts at:
/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk84/work ...<there is one more directory here>

This will fix your problem - it did for me.

Note: There is an earlier post refering to this problem; but it identifies an
error in the 'make' or install process.  I believe this has been addressed for
tk8.4.6 (the version that ships with 5.3 STABLE) and above. This earlier post
is available at:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-October/017412.html

Regards,

Nathan.