Date:      Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:13:10 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        kostikbel@gmail.com, petefrench@ingresso.co.uk
Cc:        avg@freebsd.org, eric@vangyzen.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd@hda3.com, truckman@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

So, I got my first lockup in weeks, testing with the latest stable
and the patch which sets the kernel bits. But I cant say it its
Ryzen related or not.

Meanwhile I also got access to an Epyc server in Azure. Am also
runing the latest STABLE on that tp see how it goes. Interesting
thing there is that there appears to be no access to the MSR's.
They all appear as zerousing cpucontrol. I am not entirely surprised
by this as the are very low level, but I di think they were saved
and restored during context switches between virtual machines so I
was hoping to be able to set them. Is this normal ?

-pete.