Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:45:28 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Dom Mitchell <dom@myrddin.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: rc.conf and linux=yes

Dom Mitchell wrote:

> Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl> writes:
> > Given the fact that FreeBSD will be used more and more as a replacement of
> > Windows 95 for some users, they will not require a MTA to be present at
> > default install...
>
> It's all very well saying that, but until we have some VSM (Very
> Simple MTA) that just forwards mail onto a smarthost from
> /usr/sbin/sendmail and does nothing else, you're going to be stuck
> with a full blown MTA.
>
> Anybody wishing / got the time to write one?

Well, there is something called Postfix that is actually composed of
multiple programs, so you can strip it down to bare bones and do
just the above (or even less) if you want to.

I even heard someone mentioning bringing Postfix into the tree...
:-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	If you sell your soul to the Devil and all you get is an MCSE from
it, you haven't gotten market rate.