Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 1998 20:45:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      merlin@A470.demon.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help on downloading latest FBSD

I would like to download the latest FBSD from ftp.freebsd.org.
I've convinced someone to download this for me and create
the CD-ROM(s).  However, that's about all I know... Can someone
clarify one or two things for me, please :

I currently have Linux (Red Hat) and Windows95 on this machine, so
I can boot to one or t'other.  Can I install FBSD and optionally boot
that?  What's the chances of irretrievably damaging my hard disk during
the installation? (I'd rather experiment with an old hard-disk if there's
much risk with a complete-newbie install.)  What am I going to find
different/difficult/interesting/challenging/value-added in FBSD v.
Linux (RH) ... perhaps that's a question for freebsd-advocacy?

CDROM.   Assumption made that you may download the latest version of
FBSD from ftp.freebsd.org and then burn a CD, then install from that CD.
How?  I haven't a clue where to start!!!

I would much appreciate any help on this,  thanks.

Sincerely,
--
Darren Rees