Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:38:10 +0200
From:      Sebastien Petit <spe@selectbourse.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem using ng_ether

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 05:54, you wrote:
> In article <001f01c21493$b0612620$010110ac@SPEWIN>,
>
> Sebastien Petit <spe@selectbourse.net> wrote:
> > Apparently, my kernel contains the fix already:
> > [spe@artik /usr/src/sys/netgraph]$ grep "if_hwassist" ng_ether.c
> >         priv->hwassist = ifp->if_hwassist;
> >                 priv->ifp->if_hwassist = 0;
> >                 priv->ifp->if_hwassist = priv->hwassist;  /* restore h/w
> > csum */
> >
> > So, Why I've problem with checksums ?
>
> I don't know.  Are you sure your running kernel was actually built
> from those sources?

Ok, I think that I've found the problem, this patch was not applied in
RELENG_4_5 branch and is just available on RELENG_4 (so FreeBSD-4.6)
Effectlivly, my running kernel was not actually built from those sources. So
now all is working fine, thank you for your help John.

I've two other questions:
* Why this patch was not applied on 4.5-STABLE branch ?
* How can I distribute my software working with ng_ether without forcing the
user to upgrade his kernel to FreeBSD-4.6 that is not released for the moment
?

Regards,
Sebastien
--