Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 00:50:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@lgc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dialup pppd question (about speed)

Ok, I've got my pppd running out of /etc/ttys something like this

ttyd1 /usr/sbin/pppd -detach 9600 dialup on secure

I'd like to run it a bit faster so I tried 19.2-115.2 for the speed with
no luck.  They all hang and die on no LCP.  I've replaced with a getty
std.57600 line and it works via dialup terminal fine.  Any ideas?

(I really hope this makes sense, It's late and I'm tired.  I'm just trying
to get this up and going before I head to the UK tomorrow evening and I'd
love to have something besides 9600)

TIA,
Rob
rsnow@lgc.com