Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2014 18:41:12 +0100
From:      Peter Harrison <four.harrisons@googlemail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Poudriere problem

Hello list.

I'm experimenting with poudriere for the first time, so that I can avoid building updates on my laptop and build them on my server instead.

So I've installed poudriere and set up a jail:

# poudriere jail -l
JAILNAME             VERSION              ARCH    METHOD
laptop               9.2-RELEASE          i386    ftp

Now I want to update it:

# poudriere jail -u -j laptop
cat: /usr/local/share/poudriere/../../etc/poudriere.d/jails/laptop/fs: No such file or directory
====>> Error: Unable to update jail laptop: it is running

OK, so I'll stop the jail then:

# poudriere jail -k -j laptop
cat: /usr/local/share/poudriere/../../etc/poudriere.d/jails/laptop/fs: No such file or directory
====>> Jail laptop-default not running, but cleaning up anyway
====>> Umounting file systems

And I still can't update it, or delete it or anything:

# poudriere jail -d -j laptop
cat: /usr/local/share/poudriere/../../etc/poudriere.d/jails/laptop/fs: No such file or directory
====>> Error: Unable to delete jail laptop: it is running

What am I doing wrong, and how can properly administer this (update, delete etc.) now that I've got it running.

Thanks,

Peter Harrison.