Date:      05 Mar 2003 22:11:41 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GVim + GTK2 (was: Re: an apology...)

--=-S8zozkcrqjaH+wHuVwnA

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 16:14, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> >only
> >and
> >free

> > > If you want to keep use my Makefile, I am happy to create vim-gtk2 in=
 my
> > > download area and keep update for anyone who want to use. Also, I can=
=20
> >create
> > > pkg-plist if anyone need. When, my IP changes then I can let you know=
. I=20
> >am
> > > currently violating my ISP's TOS for setup personal web/mail server o=
> > > regular cable account for long time by now.
> >
> >If you like, I could host these for you.  I think this would be a very n=
ice
> >addition to the ports-tree.  I don't think I'm the only one who finds GT=
K2=20
> >look loads nicer than GTK1, and for many of us, vim is possibly the
> >application which gets most CPU time, so it might as well look good! :-)
>=20
> Thanks, I am current in the touch with the author of vim-gtk2 patch (Davi=
d=20
> Elstner). Hope, he can create a new project of vim-gtk2 in the SourceForg=
e=20
> or whatever for a while. Until, it merges in the VIM CVS tree, then he ca=
n=20
> close the project. If he doesn't want to do that, then don't worry about=20
> host. I will just ask for repo copy of editors/vim->vim-gtk2. I don't kno=
w=20
> if I need to ask for that, because I only will copy the patch lines part,=
=20
> but not the rest of Makefile. Do I still have to ask for the repo copy?

If you are going to use any of obrien's work, a repo copy is in order.=20
If, however, you plan to make a slave port of vim, you don't need a repo
copy, but you should probably get in touch with obrien first.  In fact,
contacting obrien might be a good idea either way.  He may be amicable
to adding the patch to the current port.  It teeters between CVS and
release with all the additional patches anyway.

(Note, the GTK 2 patch does not apply to the current editor/vim :-( ).

Joe

>=20
> Cheers,
> Mezz