Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:01:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        gummibear@mediaone.net (Joey Garcia)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Regarding Promoting KDE - Wait, why not GNUstep?

> Okay, so KDE might be easy to use for newbies coming from Window
> 95/98/NT because it sort of looks alike, but why add an enviroment that
> slows down the system?

Because Kirk McKusick has promised that the number of MIPS that
are delivered to the keyboard has remained constant since 1974,
and we intend to keep his promise as processors get faster.  It's
now a holy obligation.

8-).

Seriously, graphical doesn't imply Microsoft Windows.

If you have alternatives, and good arguments for those alternatives,
then, why, it's time for a contest!

> KDE is probably alot farther ahead than the GNUstep team, but with
> more help maybe it will move forward faster.

I have to say that those KDE guys are maniacs.  You really need to
go look at the current status of "KOffice".

I'm not positive, but these might be the same nuts who brought us the
ASCII art VGA emulator for Televideo/VT100 terminals... truly the type
of hackers we had in the US back in the early to mid 80's...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.