Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:58:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Thomas Seidmann <tseidmann@SIMULTAN.CH>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, shocking@prth.pgs.com
Subject:   Re: New ATA drivers problem? (Was: New kernels won't boot)

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I have three hosts with -current, all with the new ATA in function.
> > Booting the same kernel produces different results on all of them wrt
> > root file system mounting:
> >=20
> > - one reports 'changing root device to wd0s3a'
> > - one reports 'changing root device to wd0s3a' followed by 'changing
> > root device to wd0a' and continues flawlessly
> > - one reports 'changing root device to wd0s3a' followed by 'changing
> > root device to wd0a' and panics with 'cannot mount root file system (2)=
,
> > err 22'
> >=20
> > All motherboards are equipped with the PIIX4 IDE controller. If I need
> > to supply the dmesg output and/or configuration, please let me know. Al=
> > three hosts have FreeBSD on the first disk (on different disk locations=
,
> > though).
>=20
> Hmm, could you mail me the output of fdisk & disklabel from those tree
> machines, with indication of how they behave ??
>=20
> I'm unable to reproduce those errors here, but this might bring the
> details I need to figure it out...
>=20
> -S=F8ren

Ever going to help with my atapi-fd problems? I found examples of the
corruptions, including lots of NULLs...

>=20
>=20
>=20

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___ =20
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \=20
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/=20