Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:14:35 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Zippy <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation != FreeBSD sale (was Re: Netscape browser)

Zippy wrote:

> Not to get too far into the details, but maybe a 'runs on FreeBSD' logo or
> something like that so that vendors can help with awareness?

We went through a long discussion of this last December, go search the
advocacy archives for phrases like "runs on" or "works with".  It died due
to lack of time and the ongoing continual inability to get anyone with
artistic talent interested in helping out with logos.  Of course, that was
before Sussanah Coleman popped up on the FreeBSD volunteers list; it might
be a lot easier to get some artwork now.

We had discussed three different logos, one for native apps, one for
supported hardware, and one for emulation apps from the world of Linux,
SCO, etc.

Jason Wells was very interested in this as well, you may want to contact
him.  You'll find him back there in the archives, too.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com