Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:33:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andreas Haakh <ah@alvman.RoBIN.de>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        "Fam. van Achterberg" <Rob.van.Achterberg@gironet.nl>, freebsd-isdn <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: When running i4b error: permission denied or command not found

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> "Fam. van Achterberg" writes:
> >AFAI can tell, using the ps command, there is no daemon called isdnd running
> >from system startup. I normally don't log in as root, but a 'normal' user
> >and then use su to 'become' root. Should I log in as root to get isdnd
> >running?
> >

> I start it in /etc/rc.local, at the end of the file. Alternatively,
> you can log in as root and just invoke /etc/rc.isdn by hand.

Not willing to change rc.local everytime there is a new version i use a
symbilic link

	/etc/start_if.ipr0 -> rc.isdn

which brings up isdnd in an early stage when the interface is ifconfig'ed.

--
Andreas Haakh  *  Mollerstraße 7  *  64289 Darmstadt  *  ah@alvman.RoBIN.de
http://www.RoBIN.de für privaten Internet-Zugang in Darmstadt/Rödermark