Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:05:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        eT <eT@post.com>
Cc:        Hackers FreeBSD <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KDE on FreeBSD (missing symbols)

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, eT wrote:

> Greets .. I decided to compile KDE-1.1.1 for my 4.0-CURRENT.
> After compiling all (kde-1.1 and qt-1.44) I get the following errors when
> startx'ing:
>
> ld-elf.so complains about not finding these symbols:
> __ti6QFrame
> __ti7QObject
> __ti7Qblahblahblah
>
> I pressume there is something wrong with the way I compiled qt-1.44?

You've gotta choose between the lesser of two evils.  First, Qt 1.44 is
*not* recommended you should use Qt 1.42.  Second of all, TT's support of
FreeBSD sucks, the FreeBSD port of Qt sucks.  TT has enabled -fno-rtti
which causes problems for applications (such as KDE apps) that aren't
compiled with -fno-rtti.  The FreeBSD port still suffers from this, as
well as depending on Mesa(?!).

With whatever Qt version you're using go into the appropiate
configs/freebsd-... file and remove -fno-rtti.

- alex

You better believe that marijuana can cause castration.  Just suppose your
girlfriend gets the munchies!