Date:      Tue, 12 May 2020 14:56:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      salvatorembartolotta@libero.it
To:        Vincent DEFERT <20.100@defert.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Incomplete installation of 12.1-R on an Asus laptop

> Il 12 maggio 2020 alle 13.49 Vincent DEFERT <20.100@defert.com> ha scritto:
>

> Is dual-boot a requirement or would installing FreeBSD on a USB drive
> also do?
> It is much simpler and much less risky but the performance is not the same.

My idea is: OSes on the (internal) nvd0 (SSD) disk for performance reasons; data on external devices e.g. HDDs, SSDs, M-disks (local archive), USB sticks, clouds,...

The risks, for my system, were very, very low.  As a matter of fact, I hadn't modified the EFI partition, and the original installation was almost complete.  The final step is perhaps the most dangerous.

I solved the problem myself, thanks to Per Hedeland's suggestion, trivially carrying out that final step, and have already posted to -questions the no frills "solution".