Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:33:24 -0700
From:      John Milford <jwm@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, miker@acm.org, root@meeko.eecs.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: K6

Tony Kimball <Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM>  wrote:

> Quoth Jordan K. Hubbard on Tue, 29 July:
> : Yes, by all accounts the K6 has some problems.
>
> Well, not *all* accounts, just the majority:)

	I few weeks ago, I posted that I was having trouble with
my new K6/200 machine. In the end the vendor swapped a Pentium/200
for it and all was happy.  But I really wanted a K6 so I did some
research and found that AMD had tested with the FIC PA-2011.  I now
have a K6/200 in a PA-2011 (VIA VP-2) and it is running quite well.
I have only been running for a couple days now so I am still waiting
to see if I will hit the 2 week problem.  I'll post again with more
results after I have done more testing.

		--John