Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:21:56 -0500
From:      "Matt Haught" <haughtlists@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DP2 iso crash on boot

With the DP2 iso (from ftp5), I get a crash on boot right after the acpi
module is loaded.  The error is (manually copied) and occured 5 out of 5
times that I tried:

Fatal trap 12 : page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address = 0x5e6a200
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0x4eba200
stack pointer = 0x10:0xc0a73d84
frame pointer = 0x10:0xc0a73d98
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x16
                      = DPL 0, pres1, def321, gran 1

I received a similar error from a iso snapshot off of usw2 from a few weeks
ago, and ended up grabbing a iso off of snapshots.jp .  I have been
running -CURRENT for a few weeks, and just cvsuped and installed a new
world/kernel last night.  In addition, I have been using the install cd to
boot into current due to the boot manager not adding my install (still
cannot get it to work, but that is another issue), and I have noticed that
both the usw2 and DP2 cds take 50 times as long to get to the loader (so
that I can change my currdev and such) as when compared to the snapshots.jp
iso image I used last.

P3 @ 850
Abit SH6 (815E)
Yamaha CRW2100E

If you need any more info, feel free ask.

--Matt