Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 23:23:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Opinions again

> >From The Desk Of "Marty Leisner" :
> > I really get miffed hearing people laud the robustness of NT and OS/2...I
> > found both pale to current copies of linux and FreeBSD.
> >

> Well, it depends on  your point of view. Yes Linux and FreeBSD are probably
> more robust than NT or OS/2 however from a DOS and Win3.1 point of view
> NT is rock solid 8)
>

> 	Regards,
> 	Amancio

FreeBSD is more robust than Linux, Solaris, SunOS, HP-UX.
I'm running OS/2, AIX, Win/NT, FreeBSD, Linux.  The OS/2 problem as far as
robustness is the Presentation Manager single input queue problem -- which
looks like it's Fixed (er, well worked around) in the latest Fixpack (17).

Realistically, I've had the best reliability with FreeBSD.
The worst was HP-UX. (The patch of the week)  SunOS had the "you want us
to fix WHAT... Use Solaris" problem.

At least VAX/VMS used to have a timely patch service.

Bill

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 I'll run Win95 on my box when you pry the keyboard from my cold, dead
 hands.  FreeBSD, OS/2, CP/M, RT11, spoken here.