Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2005 12:49:29 -0500
From:      Doug Van Allen <dvanallen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't ssh to server

I'm running FreeBSD 5.3 and I'm trying to connect to it from school
using ssh.  At school, I get connection refused.  I checked the
auth.log and found:

Feb 3 21:23:05 FreeBSD sshd[44237]: twist xxxxx.xxxx.edu to /bin/echo
"You are not welcome to use sshd from xxxxx.xxxx.edu."

I ran tcpdmatch and got:

$ tcpdmatch sshd bt20510.hvcc.edu
warning: sshd: no such process name in /etc/inetd.conf
client:   hostname bt20510.hvcc.edu
client:   address  151.103.21.131
server:   process  sshd
matched:  /etc/hosts.allow line 91
option:   severity auth.info
option:   twist /bin/echo "You are not welcome to use sshd from
bt20510.hvcc.edu."

I have made changes to hosts.allow to only allow my local network and
the ip's of the workstations from school.  I am running PF and only
allowed the same rules.  So what gives?