Date:      26 Mar 2003 13:53:00 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libglade2 has bug? (relate with straw debug stuff)

--=-xE8svJFgMalPD7FePY6g

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 13:41, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> I finally got lang/py-mx-base fixed from developer that showed me what to=
=20
> fix. I will send a patch in pr, need to learn how I can reply on my own=20
> reported bug send-pr.. However, I rebuilt libglade2 and gob2 with the deb=
ug=20
> (-g). Now, it shows much better and more error messages.
>=20
> Here's link, it's kind of long:=20
> http://www.mezzweb.com:81/show/libglade2-bug.txt
>=20
> If there's something else you want to do, please let me know.

Do a Google search on "cannot register existing type."  This is a
commonly encountered issue.  If I recall, it usually occurs when a
statically linked binary comes in contact with dynamically linked
symbols.  Also, make sure --export-dynamic is being passed when building
your app.  libglade requires this.

Joe

>=20
> Cheers,