Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 18:23:36 -0500
From:      "Jeff Rogers" <jlr@soltec.net>
To:        "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error code 1 after building kernel

Hi Frank,

Listen, I have a question.

First, I've tried to rebuild this kernel a number of times and the same
error @ time.  I've checked & re-checked the syntax, doing altF2, F3,
etc., logging on as root, opening the good kernel there, going back &
forth and comparing and comparing to make doubly sure.  I just don't
know what I'm doing wrong.

The version I'm running is 2.2.6.

Now the question:  Could you mail me an attachment or something
with the wording, layout of your working kernel that you'd be
comfortable with?  At least that way, I'd see another one created from
scratch.  I don't really know what else to do.  Thank you so much.

Jeff Rogers,
jlr@soltec.net