Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:47:04 +0200
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des@des.no>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: please test: Secure ports tree updating

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:11:16PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk> writes:
> > CVSup is slow, insecure, and a memory hog.
>
> if cvsup is slow, you're not using it right.

Well it is fast on our local links but on a long delay link, like what
we have from here in SA to USA, it is pretty slow. With rsync from
ftp-master, ftp-master.us and ftp-master.eu I can get 100-150kByte/s,
but with cvsup (with the -s option) I can only get about 30kByte/s. It
is less of a memory hog than rsync on the server side though.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org