Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:39:51 -0500
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Philip Schulz <ph.schulz@gmx.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [OT] Configuration file parsing

On Jan 12, 2004, at 5:45 AM, Philip Schulz wrote:
>  I'm currently working on a program which will be used in a closed
> company
> environment. The programm is written in C. For this program, I need to
> find
> a way of parsing a configuration file. I found a library which can do
> exactly what I need, it's GLib's lexical scanner [1].

What are your requirements for this configuation file?

Something that deals with "classic" Unix config files (ie, along the
lines of /etc/rc.conf and the like), with #-style comments and simple
key-value assignment should only take a few hours to whip up, if you
can't use GLib or other GPL'ed code for your circumstances.

If you need something fancier, consider lex and yacc (or flex & bison),
but XML property lists are another alternative that might be more
flexible.

--
-Chuck