Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 10:37:23 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        John Dyson <dyson@dyson.iquest.net>, hsu@clinet.fi (Heikki Suonsivu), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vm work helps

>>> I did not get a dump, short of space on /var, it just had rebooted.
>>>
>>Chiming in here:  David, do you think that this could be a kernel
>>stack space problem?
>
>   No. My analysis of wcarchive showed that stack growth never exceeds
>2.6KB. I'm guessing that Heikki is using the "MMAP" option(s) in innd and is
>stumbling over (kernel) bugs because of it.

I have repeatedly hit another problem, CCD seems to screw up if you use
shared libraries stored on a striped partition.  This would maybe also
affect other kinds of access with or without mmap in the loop.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.