Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:12:17 +0100
From:      David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NVidia driver misbehaving on FreeBSD

Hi,
I managed to fix the problem.
It turns out that the AGP driver in the FreeBSD kernel does not have the ID for the Via 82C694X
which is an Apollo Pro 133A. Since the AGP driver supports Apollo Pro I assumed it would not
mind supporting the same arch but with a 133MHz bus.
By adding the following lines to src/sys/pci/agp_via.c the kernel detects my AGP chipset and
OpenGL now works perfectly (just add it below the Apollo Pro ID). No lockups or other strange
stuff.

        case 0x06051106:
            return ("VIA 82C694X (Apollo Pro 133A) host to PCI bridge");

Now, is this enough to get someone to add this to the kernel or how would I go about getting
this into the kernel. I'm guessing this would go into CURRENT before STABLE?

//David Holm