Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:21:05 +0200
From:      "Chris J. Mutter" <cjm@satanii.enemy.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
Subject:   Re: gftp core dumps for floating point exception

Hi,

> I think this is an Alpha related issue and maybe someone can try to reproduce
 it:

> ftp/gftp build fine but when you start it up, the window opens very shortly a
nd then the program quits with:

> bash-2.05a$ gftp
> Floating point exception (core dumped)
>
> I tried to compile with system-gcc and gcc3.1 with -O and with -O0, all the s
ame.

compiled it with the 4.6R-p1 gcc (gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
[FreeBSD]): Floating exception(coredump)

it even doesnt compile with the compaq-cc. it gives an compile error when
it reaches gftp-text.h line 41:

void gftp_text_log   ( gftp_logging_level level, void *ptr,
               const char *string, ... ) __attribute__((format(printf, 3, 4)));

the compaq-cc expects a ``;'' after the  ...)

could someone with c-skills please explain me that line? looks weird with
the `...'). it at lease looks ugly. there are also some pointer-mismatches
the compiler i.e. says: In this statement, the referenced type of the pointer
value "&data_addr_len" is "unsigned long", which is not compatible with
"unsigned int". (ptrmismatch)

regards,
cjm