Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 1996 15:59:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   NetBSD NIC support, from Freebsd newsgroup

 From chuck@ccrc.wustl.edu Mon Sep  9 15:48:51 CDT 1996
 From: chuck@ccrc.wustl.edu (Chuck Cranor)
 Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
 Subject: Re: FreeBSD and ATM NICs
 Date: 6 Sep 1996 17:40:31 -0500

 In article <MPG.c968e4b64c0acd7989680@netnews.ntc.nokia.com>,
 James Card <james.card@ntc.nokia.com> wrote:
 >Does anyone know if there are any ATM NIC card drivers
 >available for FreeBSD?  I have a PC with a ISA and
 >PCI bus (Compaq Deskpro)

 Yes.   The NetBSD and OpenBSD ATM stuff should also work under FreeBSD.
 At least I had ported it to FreeBSD a few months ago and submitted it for
 inclusion in FreeBSD (but no one ever got back around to doing it so
 I guess there is no interest in it from the FreeBSD front, oh well).

 Currently we have a driver for the Efficient Networks PCI ATM card.
 It also works for the SBus Sparc version (but only on the sun4c since
 I didn't address the issues with the IOMMU).     There is a Fore driver
 in the works also, and there is a DEC driver that someone ported, but
 I don't remember the details off the top of my head.

 For source code, check ftp://dworkin.wustl.edu/dist/bsd and get
 bsdatm1.2.tar.gz and midway.c.1.62.gz.

 cheers,
 chuck