Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:12:57 -1000
From:      "Wai Chan" <waichan@hpu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   sendmail question

Hi all,

I know this is not related to freebsd-questions, but I receive no reply/help
from sendmail's mailing's list, freebsd-question is my only hope left.  I
hope someone on this list could help me.

I have a box called abc.abc.com.  I would like abc.abc.com masquerade as
xyz.abc.com.

So I added the following to sendmail.cf
	Djabc.abc.com
	DMxyz.abc.com
and added the following to the dns:
	xyz.abc.com.	IN	A	111.111.111.111
				IN	MX	10 xyz.abc.com.
	abc.abc.com.	IN	CNAME	xyz.abc.com.

Sending and receiving email is fine with this setting, howerver, the return
address is still shown as username@abc.abc.com instead of
username@xyz.abc.com.

Please, someone show me how to get the configuration right, so I can have
username@xyz.abc.com.  Thanks!!

best wishes,
Wai Chan