Date:      Tue, 10 May 2005 03:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jiasheng Hao <haojs@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI seems fatal error on my T41

Arne Schwabe <arne at rfc2549.org > writes:

>Jiasheng Hao <haojs at yahoo.com> writes:

>> I install FreeBSD on my new T41 2373-9FC, and all
>> works wonderful.
>> But I find some problem:
>>
>> 1. sleep/suspend/resume dosnot work at all;
>> 2. closing the lid or pressing any special key(such
as
>> volume control, fn+f3, etc)
>>    will make the machine hung, staying there with
no
>> repsonse any more;

>I had that problem too with my t40 (2373-g3g iirc)
Happend to me only
>if I had the 2nd battery inserted instead of the
cdrom

>There is a tool called ps2.exe for windows or dos.
With that tool you
>can disable the 2nd ide adapter. CD rom does still
work and nothing
>changes but pressing spezial keys won't kill your
machine anymore.

>Arne

Thanks in advance!

My T41 works prefectly now with the secondary ide
disabled, just as you suggested. And I search on
google with keywords: ps2 thinkpad acpi and find this
link, which is also about this proble:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/oreebsd-acpi/2004-November/000870.html

Thanks again :-)

Jiasheng Hao