Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 00:00:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au (David Dawes)
Cc:        kaleb@x.org, ache@astral.msk.su, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A couple problems in FreeBSD 2.1.0-950922-SNAP

It seems that David Dawes said:
> Yes, they are different.  Can someone give me a precise method of
> reproducing this problem?  I routinely have LANG set to en_AU.ISO8859-1

I have the following by default in my environment :

LANG=fr_FR.ISO_8859-1
LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1

As soon  as I switch LC_CTYPE  to fr_FR.ISO_8859-1, all xterms started from
this terminal  will  dump core  (well,  they won't because  xterm is setuid
root), each time. The signal is SEGV.

> a problem.  I'm using the version of xterm in XFree86 3.1.2.  I don't have
> ENABLE_STARTUP_LOCALE (or any other LANG stuff) enabled in /etc/sysconfig.

I have my crt0 compiled  with ENABLE_STARTUP_LOCALE and  the variable in my
environment as well.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #0: Sat Oct 14 19:05:10 MET 1995