Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 1998 20:25:40 +0000
From:      "Þorður Ivarsson" <totii@est.is>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: accent (dead) key support in syscons and kbdcontrol

Kazutaka YOKOTA wrote:

> >this is pretty amazing but my curiosity has got the better of me..
> >how does a japanese person get to be working on Icelandic keyboards?
> >
> >:-)

It is lot easier to communicate to people on the other end of the world
than your neighbor :-)

> The project started when Spanish and Icelandic users requested dead
> key support and submitted sample code and keymap files (see below).
> Their names will be credited in the handbook :-)
>
> I have never seen the Icelandic and Spanish keyboards myself. I own a
> UK 102 keyboard though.

Would you like to get one? I can send you one if you would like it!

> Kazu
>
> yokota      1998/01/07 00:46:55 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     share/syscons/keymaps Makefile spanish.iso.kbd
>   Added files:
>     share/syscons/keymaps icelandic.iso.kbd
>   Log:
>   icelandic.iso.kbd
>   - New, Icelandic keymap with accent (dead) key definitions.
>     Based on the work done by totii@est.is.
>
>   spanish iso.kbd
>   - Added accent (dead) key definitions.
>     Based on the work done by jmrueda@diatel.upm.es.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.25      +2 -1      src/share/syscons/keymaps/Makefile
>   1.3       +28 -3     src/share/syscons/keymaps/spanish.iso.kbd

Thanks for everything Yokota, this is very good to see in 'current', I
am going to switch from 2.2.5 to current.

--
Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician

FreeBSD has good features,
Some others are full of unwanted features!